Accountant Job Summary
- Minimum Qualification: Certificate
- Experience Length: 1 year
To manage relationships between our company and key clients to ensure payments are made on time. Provide financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports.
Required education and experience
The suitable candidate must possess though not limited to the following qualitieCPA Part I
- Diploma or degree in accounting or related courses with at least CPA 1
- Good knowledge of computer accounting applications like SAP, Sage, Quickbooks e.t.c
- At least one years experience working finance or accounts
- Excellent in communication and report writing
- Independent, result oriented and able to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate and proficient in data collection
- Willingness to be stationed in Nairobi or Kisumu with frequent travel a rural set ups.
General Task description
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarise current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with national and local financial legal requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Negotiating with key customers and distributors on behalf of the organisation on key issues (i.e. discounts, rebates, credit facilities etc.) and maintaining a good working relationship with all external entities.
- Managing and maintaining the company’s major customers by ensuring they receive products on time and that they pay on time
- Assisting in the development of contractual agreements and ensuring that these are fully adhered to.
- Liaising with the marketing department in supporting corporate events and periodic promotions.
- Visiting the clients and ensuring their needs Informing the clients of any new products, changes in prices, and/or any discounts or promotions
- Prepare reports on performance of the outlets and address and gaps.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
How to apply
If your profile match the above specifications, please send us your motivation letter and CV by clicking the link below. Include your salary expectation. Interested candidates should apply by March 8th 2019.