Dairy Technologist Job Summary
- Minimum Qualification: Certificate
- Experience Level: Mid-level
- Experience Length: 2 years
The purpose of the position is to provide in-depth technical knowledge in Milk procurement and testing, processing of milk products, maintenance of machinery, Testing and quality assurance of dairy ingredients and training of farmers in raw milk quality.
Required education and experience
- Certificate, diploma or degree in dairy science, food technology or related field
- Over 1 year experience in dairy or food processing industry
- Excellent in communication and report writing
- Independent, result oriented and able to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate and proficient in data collection
- Willingness to be stationed in a rural set up
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMPs
General Task description
- Develop a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production plans in line with available resources
- Work in the factory to check quality of raw milk, milk processing ingredients and final products before dispatch to the market.
- Work with other staff to develop and implement good manufacturing practises
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and specification in collaboration with all relevant departments to ensure appropriate product and packaging specification and the test procedures are followed.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Quality Standards for raw materials and finished products
- Manage the procedure for Product release and trace ability in cooperation with Production, Supply Chain and Sales.
- Oversee proper hygiene maintenance in the factory
- Actively participate in Product Design, and processing
- Plan and coordinate timely procurement of required raw material, reagents and other supplies in collaboration with other departments
How to apply
If your profile match the above specifications, please send us your motivation letter and CV by clicking the link below. Include your salary expectation. Interested candidates should apply by March 8th 2019.