Training and Extension Personnel Job Summary
- Minimum Qualification: Certificate
- Experience Length: 2 years
The purpose of the this position is to support farmers supplying milk to the factory through training and extension and linkages to input suppliers and service providers
Required education and experience
- Minimum of a Certificate, diploma or Degree in Animal Production, Veterinary sciences or any other dairy related field
- Over 1 year experience in training and extension activities
- Excellent in communication and report writing
- Independent, result oriented and able to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate and proficient in data collection
- Willingness to be stationed in a rural set up
- Computer literate
General Task description
- Work with production and sales department to support in identification and procurement of raw milk, training on milk production and quality and support the logistics of milk sourcing
- Recruit farmers to supply milk to the factory
- Participate in the analysis of knowledge gap of lead farmers supplying milk to the factory with attention to dairy management practices on milk production & quality, data on size of herd, the distribution of herd and the requisite training needs on which the T&E should address.
- Participate in facilitating the implementation of the validated fodder strategy in line with agreed implementation work plans in each dairy society while supporting the tracking and reporting on progress.
- Support the enhancement of the T&E Unit through working with the input suppliers to implement the agree T&E plan.
- Work with identified model farms to establish and maintain good dairy practices
- Organize and participate in the training of lead farmers and other farmers
- Monitor and report the weekly progress activities through farm visits
- Organise and participate in field days
How to apply
If your profile match the above specifications, please send us your motivation letter and CV by clicking the link below. Include your salary expectation. Interested candidates should apply by March 8th 2019.